Sunday, December 7, 2008

RSS

I've been using the Sage plug-in for Firefox for quite a while at work and at home for check for updates on my favorite news sites (I'm a news junkie). Google Reader seems to be a good web-based RSS source. I've got to try this at work and see if I can access it as some of my Google account is blocked at work. Google reader seems to be good in that the refresh is better than Sage, but I kind of like Sage in that it's like a book mark side bar, though having to refresh it outside of its schedule is a minor irritant.

If and when our Intranet site gets up and running at work, it seems like it'll be a good way to notify users of updates to my dept. and library websites.

When I can find the time I probably should set up an RSS feed for my own personal website.

Eric

No comments: