Tuesday, December 16, 2008

13 things summary

First off thanks to Sharon, Rebecca, and Susan for putting this together for us.

This was a good way to learn about new things and confirming things that I had already known about. RSS, Pod/video casting, and Flickr were probably the things I was most interested in. I think I'd like to spend more time especially on setting up RSS feeds so that I can hopefully use them at work.

Learning 2.0 was a good way of being introduced to things that i might have heard about previously, but really hadn't spent the time looking into. It's got me thinking that the healthcare sector might have problems accepting the new and emerging technologies. I wonder how issues like using online software might be addressed. Personally, I see that there may be a generational gap for semi-old timers like me versus those younger staff. I notice in talking to students that they tend be more into IM, text messaging, Twittering, and maybe blogging over phone and e-mail. Can I adapt? Heck I don't even text message. I still don't have a smart phone!

This was an enjoyable way to learn, though being the procrastinator that I am, perhaps a more structured time schedule might be good. The one thing I'd like to suggest is to avoid running class time in late November/December. The holidays are stressful and busy enough as it is.

No comments: