Sunday, December 7, 2008

On-line productivity tools

Security is a big issue for those of us in Hospitals. I need to try it at work, but I suspect that Google Docs might be a blocked site. Having sensitive documents out in the Cloud is a big no-no for those of us in Healthcare. I wonder how the reliability is in saving documents. I recently read a Twitter of someone complaining that a script that they had written was lost on Google Docs.

The 30 Boxes calendar hosting is a good resource but again we can't even sync a PDA device at work so it's no go there. If I could get it to sync to my home Outlook it might be useful for my personal items, but a good smartphone will do the job.

Web-based tools seem like a good idea if you need to type something on the go from a Smartphone or Netbook. At least you don't have to worry about getting the editable version of Smartphone MS office apps.

No comments: